VMWare and Plop!
Add set TESTPLOP=1 to your \_ISO\MyE2B.cfg file so that when E2B boots, it will automatically load the grub4dos USB 2.0 rd/wr driver if it detects that the Plop! boot loader has been used.
- VMWare Workstation Pro or Player v14 or later
- E2B USB 2.0 or 3.0 drive (with modified MyE2B.cfg as above)
- USB 2.0 port OR a USB 2.0 extension cable connected to a USB 3.0 port
- Plop! Boot ISO or USB_BOOT ISO file
- For testing Windows Install ISOs, use a 'Removable' type E2B USB flash drive
Note: Once an OS is installed, VMWare will automatically boot to the virtual hard disk.
To reboot to the E2B drive, you must press ESC once only to boot from the 'CD-ROM' drive (or remove the virtual hard drive from the VM Devices list).
You can enter the BIOS by pressing F2 just as the VM starts or you can press ESC for a BIOS Boot Selection Menu (press ONCE only, when prompted). To extend the BIOS boot delay for enough time for you to press ESC, you may need to add:
bios.bootDelay = "5000"
as the first line of the .vmx file for your VM, using NotePad (e.g. "C:\Users\Steve\Documents\Virtual Machines\USB BOOT 2.0\USB BOOT 2.0.vmx").
Recommended for Easy2Boot (fastest flash drive!)
SanDisk Extreme SDCZ880-128G-G46
Fastest USB 3!
See Blog post