E2B v1.50 available!
If you are feeling brave - try the new version!
- All menus, menu entries, information and prompts in a single STRINGS.txt file
- Compatible with previous versions (except for user added .mnu files)
- 500MB CONTIG.ISO included in download (compressed)
- Memtest86+ updated
- If running an .imgPTN file, just press [ENTER] (no need to type Y)
- Few minor display positioning issues fixed
- Sample_MyE2B.cfg updated
- Sample .mnu files updated
- Many files in the \_ISO\e2b\grub\ENG folder now moved up into grub folder
- \_ISO\e2b\grub\ENG now just contains STRINGS.TXT file
- User can add \_ISO\STRINGS.txt file to override any other strings.txt file
- Small changes to Theme Templates
About 90% of all text is now in the STRINGS.txt file and so you can easily modify these or translate them to a different language. STRINGS.txt is a UTF-8 file and so will support non-ASCII languages.
Most strings are now replaced by $$STRxxxx keywords (where xxxx can be any four characters) - these keywords are replaced with the correct string automatically by E2B when the menu is loaded into memory.
So to change any of the text, messages, headings, etc. in E2B, this is what you do:
- Copy the \_ISO\e2b\grub\ENG folder to a new folder - e.g. \_ISO\e2b\grub\STEVE
- Add a \_ISO\MyE2B.cfg file (you can copy the \_ISO\Sample_MyE2B.cfg file)
- Edit the \_ISO\MyE2B.cfg file to set the new 'language' - e.g. set LANG=STEVE
- Add a \_ISO\MyBackground.bmp.gz bitmap (optional)
e.g. a simple \_ISO\MyE2B.cfg file could be:
set HEADING=\x20 STEVE'S MENU (%VER%) \x20
set HELPTEXT=HDD0 [F7] Back [F8] Reboot [F9] Power Off [F10] www.steve.com
Recommended for Easy2Boot (fastest!) - SanDisk Extreme SDCZ880-128G-G46
BitCoin also accepted.