Tip: You can run "\_ISO\docs\Make_E2B_USB_Drive\CheckForUpdate.cmd" to find out if there is an update available.
To update your E2B USB drive to a later version of E2B,
- Download the smaller non-DPMS file or the larger DPMS version download
(the non-DPMS version can update both the non-DPMS and DPMS USB drives and it will be quicker).
- Run it and click on the Update E2B Drive button and select the drive you want to update.
Note: Disable Comodo 'containment' first if it is installed as it causes 'write access errors'. If any problems, temporarily disable your AV software!
- Extract the files to a new empty folder (Extract E2B button)
- Run UPDATE_E2B_DRIVE.CMD from that folder and select the E2B drive that you want to update.
Tip: E2B v1.90+If you set the Hidden attribute on the \menu.lst file of your E2B USB drive and then run UPDATE_E2B_DRIVE.cmd, it will hide all the files in the root of the E2B drive to give it a much tidier appearance in Windows Explorer.
Updating E2B drives + ISOs, VHDs, etc.
1. Extract the files from the E2B download
2. Add all of your extra ISOs, VHDs, .imgPTNs, .mnu and .txt files, etc. into the extracted folder
3. Run UPDATE_E2B_DRIVE.CMD from the extracted folder - any new or updated files will be copied across to your E2B USB drive (but no files will be deleted from the USB drive).
Tip: If you connect several E2B USB drives, you can update them all automatically, in one go, using the script file \_ISO\docs\Make_E2B_USB_Drive\Update_all_E2B_drives.cmd.
Making new E2B drives which contain user folders in the root
- Run MAKE_E2B_USB_DRIVE (run as admin).cmd (does not copy any user folders from the root, e.g. \MyFolder is not copied)
- Run UPDATE_E2B_DRIVE.CMD (will copy files from the root)
If you run the MAKE_E2B_USB_DRIVE (run as admin).cmd file, then the E2B USB drive will be re-formatted and all your payload files, etc. will be copied across to the USB drive as well, however, if you have any extra files or folder in the root, they will not be copied across. For this reason, you may also need to run UPDATE_E2B_DRIVE.CMD after running MAKE_E2B_USB_DRIVE (run as admin).cmd if you have added any extra folders to the root (top level) directory.
Recommended for Easy2Boot (fastest flash drive!)
SanDisk Extreme SDCZ880-128G-G46
Fastest USB 3!
See Blog post