This website is outdated and will soon be discontinued
For up-to-date details, please visit the new site.
New website for E2B at www.easy2boot.xyz
Details on this website may now be outdated
E2B Version History
To update E2B and agFM, download the latest E2B version and run Make_E2B.exe then click on the Update E2B Drive button.To keep up to date with the latest changes, bug fixes and features, please subscribe to my blog.Also see this page: How to update your E2B USB drive.
Tip: You can run "\_ISO\docs\Make_E2B_USB_Drive\CheckForUpdate.cmd" to find out if there is a new update available.
E2B VERSION NUMBERING: x.yz[l]
Update or Downdate
v1.A7a = First BETA version of 1.A7
v1.A8 = Full Release of 1.A8
v1.B0 = Full Release of 1.B0
v1.30A 2014-03-03 (released 2104-03-21) Convert $HOME$ in .txt files, support E2B on a logical partition of boot device, grub4dos 0.4.6 with USB driver option, .isoPUP, .isoWB, better error recovery if bad ISO, allow long XP ISO filenames, improve Make_E2B_USB_Drive.cmd script.
v1.31 2014-03-24 allow new format of 'Nightly builds' of XP dpms, Winhelper detection code restored to same as v1.29 as problems with 1.30.
v1.38 2014-05-10 A few small changes mainly in MyE2B.cfg support for moving the top menu heading down from the first line at the top, to any line (e.g. line 3) and also an option to adjust the offset that is applied to the heading and bottom help text. Some new 'themes' have also been added. Zorin_persistent .mnu sample files added.
v1.78C 2016-03-26 new grub4dos v20160326 (bugfix for tophelp > 34).
v1.93 2017-06-18 - Offline choco package support added to SDI_CHOCO.cmd template, \_ISO\docs\Chocbox\ChocBox.cmd for making offline choco packages, NoSpeak.tag and NoBeep.tag now detected by SDI_CHOCO, Chocolatey offline package added - version 0.10.6.1, Snappy Driver Installer 'Origin version' now used, QRUN.g4b changed - small change to .imgPTN so if second *. image file present it will get a partition type number of 7 if grub4dos does not give it one , Suppress suggestion prompt if *q.iso used (useful for WinBuilder ISO or other .iso files which don't work if you use the .isodefault extension), Switch_E2B.exe v1.0.16 hidden file fix, OpenMandriva ISO sample mnu file added, New grub4dos 0.4.6a, GIFtoIMA.cmd script provided to make animations from GIf files, Make_E2B.cmd will now download bootmgr from internet and add it to E2B drive, \_ISO\docs\Make_E2B_USB_Drive\Add_Bootmgr_to_E2B_drives.cmd added, New default menu wallpaper.
v1.99 2018-06-16 -
- New Milky Way default E2B wallpaper.
- New grldr grub4dos version 2018-06-12 with beep command.
- grldr_046 updated to 2017-12-23 stable version.
- GIFtoIMA.cmd script now asks for transparency setting if .bmp chosen.
- Utilities - List Files menu now has option to list files in UTILITIES_MEMTEST folder.
- CONTIG.ISO is now not copied when using the red button in MAKE_E2B.exe GUI to make a new E2B drive. Saves 500MB of disk space on USB drive.
- Make_CONTIG.ISO.cmd added to \_ISO\docs\E2B Utilities folder so user can make their own CONTIG.ISO file.
- The .imgPTN23 extension now also makes partition active and uses LBA parameters (now same function as SWITCH_E2B.exe), and it is equivalent to .imgPTNLBAa23. This means that 99% of the time you just need to know about the two extensions .imgPTN or .imgPTN23.
- Non-contiguous files are flagged when enumerating files (press SPACEBAR quickly twice to pause listing).
- Non-contiguous .imgPTN files are flagged up in the menu (because they won't work!).
- Force_Windows_Safe_Mode .cmd files added - useful to force a Windows 8/10 system to boot into Safe Mode.
- Updated "\_ISO\WINDOWS\INSTALLS\APPS\CHOCBOX\chocolatey-core.extension.1.3.1.nupkg" to 1.3.3.
- Automated bugfix added to fix menu.lst file in old .imgPTN files.
- UPDATE_E2B_DRIVE.cmd now repositions cmd shell window.
- Setting redir now suppresses the 'System Hard Disk (hd1) not detected' warning message.
- Fix in dpms2.g4b so doesn't crash older versions of VBox .
- Update_E2B_Drive.cmd now has 2 second tolerance on file times (/FFT switch added).
- Fix bug for .imafdhdd0 file extension in QRUN.g4b.
- Small bugfix when payload files are enumerated to not display folder path in some cases.
- Bugfix for 0.4.5c detection in Utilities menu.
- Improve POS2009 .txt instructions in Sample mnu files folder.
- Sample Tunes in \_ISO\docs\Tunes folder.
- Sample Run_ISO_With_Alarm.mnu added (sounds an alarm before running any ISO).
- PimpMyDrive.cmd updated to add Play Tunes menu entry.
- Fix for when using .isopwd is used but there is no password set.
- VIPRE Rescue URL added to \_ISO\docs\Download URLs folder.
- Desinfect_2018_with_Updates.mnu sample mnu file added.
- Improve Help in Make_E2B.exe
- Add WIN10_Prompt_for_PCNAME_and_UNAME.mnu to sample mnu files.
- New grldr (2018-07-01) grub4dos supporting centering of menu entries and menu help text (setmenu command).
- Small bug fix to remove extra space after menu entries in Sample .mnu files.
- New SHORT_HL variable can be used to set the highlighted menu entry to only highlight the menu text and not the whole menu line.
- If FONT variable path contains ".f24" then 24-high fonts will be used.
- UPDATE_E2B_DRIVE.cmd now checks in case the user has renamed some of the standard E2B .mnu files (e.g. ZZSubmenuAll.mnu).
- New E2B_Editor.exe now uses 24-bit colour values for the heading and footer colours
- KBD_QWERTY_USA keyboard file added so can pick using E2B_Editor.
- Three new Themes added to demonstrate centred text menus
- STRINGS.txt files changed - no need to pad out menu headings.
- New \_ISO\docs\Sample mnu files\E2B Menus\Adjust_E2B_Menu.mnu menu
- Bugfixes to internal menu positioning, etc.
- Bugfix for v1.99 - MAKE_CONTIG.cmd script is now copied across when making an E2B drive (running Update did copy it across but not Make_E2B).
- UPDATE_E2B_DRIVE.CMD now displays latest stable E2B version and latest Beta version available (requires web access).
- Small fixes to centre menu heading when UTF-8 characters used (e.g. Arabic, Chinese)
- Fix to centre menu headings better when UTF-8 languages used with CENTREHD=1
- Small changes to Check_for_Update.cmd and UPDATE_E2B_DRIVE.cmd to display E2B version numbers
- .cmd files modified to use %WINDIR%\System32\find.exe in case Windows Path environment variable points to a different version of find.exe.
- TimeDiskAccess.mnu added - allows user to test raw sector read speed under BIOS of all drives in system. Useful for comparing USB+BIOS driver performance.
- New E2B_Editor.exe - fixes duplicate keyboard entries in dropdown list.
- New \grldr grub4dos version.
- \_ISO\SWITCH_E2B.exe v1.0.18 now asks for partition type for 2nd image
- New default wallpaper.
- \_ISO\WINDOWS\AIO folder now supported for All-in-One Windows Install ISOs (for .iso or .imgPTN files)
- F8 in Main Menu changed so it does not reload grub4dos.
- Server 2016 menu entry hotkey changed from '6' to 'D'.
- Some old .hdr files removed and new MenuWinInstall.hdr added.
- Sub-menu files \_ISO\xxxx.g4b, .bmp and .jpg are now automatically used if they are present (e.g. \_ISO\ANTIVIRUS.jpg will be automatically used when the AntiVirus menu is loaded) - see here.
- PimpMyDrive.cmd now adds Adjust_E2B_Menu.mnu to make the Main menu tidier.
- PatchMe script updated to suppress the grub4dos 'A20 Debug' message on bootup.
- Small change to SysInfo2.hta.
- Small changes to ZZSubMenuAll.mnu.
- Improved language files.
- Added 'WARNING: Some types of AV software can cause ChocBox.cmd to run extremely slowly' to chockbox.cmd.
- SUB_MENU_Maker.cmd file also added into the \_ISO folder for user convenience (same file as \_ISO\docs\E2B Utilities\E2B SUBMENU Maker.cmd).
- .bat, .xml and .bak files are not listed in a menu if found in a menu folder.
- .f24 and .uni.gz font files can be placed in menu folders and they will be loaded as new font when selected by user from the menu.
- Few very minor bug fixes.
- New Sample mnu files:
- DrWeb900_2018_Persistent.mnu sample menu file
- Improve Adjust_E2B_Menu.mnu sample menu file - the user can change menu settings, etc. from within a single menu.
v1.A3 2018-09-27 - new grldr grub4dos 2018-09-19, fix QRUN.g4b for .jpg/,bmp wallpaper file extension if animation running then selecting a .bmp or .jpg file did not change wallpaper, warning added if win 7 .imgptn has bootx64.efi boot file missing, \_ISO\docs\Make_Ext\Make_Ext.exe utility added - allows you to make persistence files without RMPrepUSB, QRUN now displays contents of the \.disk\info file just before running an ISO (if it exists), SWITCH_E2B.exe re-packaged so will not trigger false-positives with AV software and sync.exe removed, comments changed in Sample .mnu files to mention Make_Ext.exe utility, FreeDOS .img file changed slightly for more memory with option 2.
v1.A5 2018-10-16 (bugfix for Win7 install ISOs) - Bugfix for Win7 ISO installs (bug introduced in v1.A1 through to 1.A4), bugfix for AUTO file extension suffix not working with .imgPTNAUTO files, QRUN.g4b now displays tip to user to use .imgPTN23 if a 2nd partition is detected on the E2B drive, added support for .isoBSD file extension, now only .gz files which end in.uni.gz, .ima.gz or .img.gz are recognised, KEYB utility added to DOS floppy boot image (e.g. type KEYB FR for french keyboard under FreeDOS), bsd.imgptn now included in \_ISO\e2b\grub folder.
v1.A6 2018-10-17 (bugfix for AUTO menu folder) - Fix for \_ISO\AUTO menu not working, .help text files now supported, Win7 Install ISO screen displays 'USB 2.0' reminder text.
- Support for background images and multiple .help files using a .mnu file
- HelpWithBackground.mnu file added to \_ISO\docs\Sample mnu Files\E2B Menus
- DBAN_auto_wipe.mnu added to \_ISO\docs\Sample mnu Files\Others
- Win10_8_7_ISO_on_PTN2.mnu added to \_ISO\docs\Sample mnu Files\Windows
- .isoDPMS file extension supported for XP-based ISOs such as DaRT5\ERD ISO (will load 32-bit XP SATA\RAID\SCSI driver).
- Robocopy Backup and Restore .cmd scripts added to \_ISO\docs\Make_E2B_USB_Drive folder.
- Support for Vista/7/8/10 Windows ISOs placed on partition 2
- Option to press U key to load grub4dos USB 2 driver if E2B warns you about BIOS 128GiB bug.
- Windows Server 2019 folder added for install ISOs.
- Few more URLs added to \_ISO\docs\Download URLs folder
- WinContig updated
- .help files now don't display first three UTF-8 bytes in UTF-8 file
- Small bugfix in Make_E2B_USB_Drive.cmd when using drive 10 and 11.
- Small bugfix to Update_E2B_Drive.cmd for when used on an empty USB drive
- Small fix to Add_Bootmgr_to_E2B_drives.cmd if empty floppy drive in system
- Small changes to Make_Ext.exe, Make_MyE2B.cfg.cmd, isoboot.g4b, QAUTO.g4b, QRUN.g4b (does not warn if .help file is not contiguous)
- Fix bug in SDI_CHOCO, %BIT% variable was not available in MyStartup.cmd or MySetupComplete.cmd
- update WinContig.exe
- Minor bugfixes to some .cmd scripts in case TEMP variable has spaces in path.
- FreeDOS floppy image now does not load Norton ndos because it was causing problems when using * in commands (e.g. copy C:\*.com A:\ gave errors).
- Add WIMBOOT function to Windows Install menu so that Windows Install ISOs will work from an E2B USB hard disk without needing a WinHelper flash drive. If prompted, wimboot can be skipped if ENTER is pressed.
- QRUN.g4b now detects if an .iso file is a Windows Install ISO automatically so they can be run from any standard E2B menu folder and no WinHelper USB drive is required (1-2GB+ RAM required).
- MemTest86 (MBR+UEFI) .imgPTN file now added to the Utilities - Memory Test sub-menu (MemTest v8.1 Jan 2019)
- New .isoPELD and .isoPELD1 extensions for WIMBOOT (loads ISO as drive Y:) PELD1 boots from image #1 in wim file.
- Fix XML VM Disk1 typos (was 'Diskid'
now 'DiskID' ). Can now add set NOREPAIR=1 into MyE2B.cfg to suppress the 'Press any key for Windows Repair only...' prompt for Windows 8/10/2016/2019 ISOs. 'NOHELPER' yellow text reminder is now displayed if the NOHELPER variable is set in the MyE2B.cfg file. Fix some language text issues in STRINGS.txt files. In case of a payload error, user can press Ctrl+F8 hotkey to completely reload E2B. Ctrl+U now used to load Utilities Menu from Memory test menu. New default background. QEMU_MENU_TEST (run as admin).cmd now rescans drives on exit so if you select a .imgPTN file, Windows Explorer will show the correct contents when you quit QEMU.
v1.A9 2019-02-11 Includes new file extension override feature.
- New feature: can use extension override xxxxxx_.(override).iso in filename - e.g. hirens_.isowinvh.iso - override must start with _. and works for any extension. The extra _.fileext.xxx text is removed from the menu entry.
- New feature: xxxxx_.WinNTSetup.iso now causes any Windows install ISO (except XP) to run WinNTSetup automatically and supports dual x86+x64 ISOs - you can also use your own batch file to automate WinNTSetup by using the STARTUP variable in a .mnu file (blog here).
- New feature: filename sort override prefix can be used (e.g. _aaa_Ubuntu 64-bit.iso is sorted as if it begins with aaa_ but is listed in the menu as Ubuntu 64-bit without the override characters). Can be combined with a _. extension override - e.g. _$$$aaa_Ubuntu x64_.isodef64.iso.
- New feature: batch files added to \_ISO folder _Make_Ext.bat, _Snappy Driver Installer.bat, _Sysinfo.bat, _Download URLs - Shortcut.lnk
- Improvement: grub4dos \grldr 2018-12-23 new version.
- Improvement: Make_E2B.exe now has graphical buttons.
- Improvement: E2B_Editor.exe revised to add 4 extra options for centering menu text, etc.
- Improvement: minor changes to \menu.lst and \_ISO\e2b\grub\menu.lst for small boot speed improvements.
- Improvement: remove countiso.g4b to speed up enumeration of Windows ISOs.
- Improvement: .imgPTN code in QRUN.g4b now checks for grub4dos backup sector at LBA1.
- Improvement: QRUN.g4b now detects HAIKU ISOs and suggests using the .HAIKU file extension.
- Improvement: Windows Install ISO 'Repair only' prompt now changed to 'Repair\Setup' because pressing ENTER will now boot using WIMBOOT and so the ISO will be loaded as a virtual DVD and Setup will run without using an XML file.
- Improvement: extension override now works for '32', '64', '3GB' and '4GB' suffixes so the menu entry is not listed in the E2B menu - e.g. Win10x64_.isodef64.iso - the menu entry is only listed on 64-bit systems.
- Improvement: use --mem --top instead of --mem where the payload may be very large, e.g. Win10.vhdmem.
- Improvement: Util_Man.exe hack now launches control panel automatically.
- Extra: Extra Sample mnu Files\E2B Menus .mnu files added so you can add your own F1, F7, F8, F9 and F10 .mnu files.
- Extra: Added netrunner+persistence sample mnu file.
- Bugfix: in QRUN.g4b for redir not suppressing all output if NOSUG is set.
- Bugfix: fix QEMU_MENU_TEST bug when 9 or more drives in system.
- Bugfix: TimeAccess.g4b sometimes miscalculated.
- Bugfix: QAUTO.g4b and AUTOMN.g4b now does not use reserved memory at (md)0x230.
- Bugfix: Menus were not always sorted alphabetically if file started with a number.
- New X4 file extension suffix for partition images, .imgptnX4ffff will also add the partition image file ffff as the 4th partition.
- File extension suffixes NCQ (non-contiguous+quiet), QUIETP (redir+redirp), QUIET (redir) added - e.g. WinBuilder_10PESE_x64_.ISONCQ.iso so that if the file is not contiguous it will boot without any 'not-contiguous' warning.
- New .isoboot file extension to immediately run a linux iso using isoboot.
- Make_E2B_USB_Drive.cmd now creates a large 2nd partition if USB drive is > 128GB (if removable USB drive, Win10 1703 or later is required to get 2nd large partition).
- New default wallpaper.
- WinNTSetup ALT_ISO variable support added and new \_ISO\docs\Sample mnu files\Windows\Install Windows 7 with USB 3 (WinNTSetup).mnu for installing Win7 on modern USB 3 systems.
- New SWITCH_E2B.exe which also looks on Ptn2\_ISO for X4 file.
- Greek language added (thanks to Jeider)
- Bugfix in countfiles.g4b for windows ISOs with .iso324GB suffixes not being counted properly (the Windows folder had to have at least one .iso file to be shown in menu - now it will work if just one .iso32 or .iso4GB etc. file is present).
- Bugfix - fix bug in PWD file extension suffix code in QRUN.
- Bugfix - Add fix30.g4b batch file to fix 'LBA30 contains code' error after selecting a .imgPTN file.
- Bugfix - menu not displaying correctly on some system if menu help text 'tophelp' is positioned above menu area.
- Bugfix - Vista\Win7 background not changing if \_ISO\Win7.jpg\.bmp present.
- Bugfix - AUTO\DIRECT menu heading.
- Bugfix - if only one .XML or one .KEY file is present it will now be automatically used.
- Bugfix - if X4 filename is > 16 characters,Fix bug if '3GB', '4GB', '32' or '64' found in X4 filename it could prevent file from being listed.
- Bugfix - .imgptn32X4cccc and .imgptn64X4cccc (32 and 64 not working correctly).
- Bugfix - some XP ISOs not booting when used for 2nd time (bootfix.bin).
- Bugfix - improve start LBA calculation for imgpnt files.
- Bugfix - WinPE+XP Install does not work if use WinPE10, so removed Win10/2016/2019 folder choices from menu.
- Add new E820 variable (set E820=0 in MyE2B.cfg if get black screen when boot to XP Setup on some Dell/buggy systems).
- Add more checks for XP install where no internal hdd exists.
- grub4dos 0.4.5c removed (0.4.6a has been stable now for over 2 years).
- Windows ISO files in \_ISO\WINDOWS\Vista/7/8/10/etc. will now use default.xml file automatically if it exists in the same folder as the ISO (e.g. it can be a copy of the 'no key' XML file).
- .ISO and .imgPTN files under \_ISO\WINDOWS (except XP) can have _nnn_ sort prefix numbers (e.g. _100_Windowsx64.iso) if you want to change the order of the files that are listed in the menu.
- Make_E2B.exe small tweak to tooltip+button graphics.
- SDI_CHOCO - nircmd.exe from SDI_CHOCO folder is now a self-extracting, password-protected zip file which you must extract before using SDI_CHOCO to prevent false AV positives.
- Latest version of grub4dos.
- isoboot.g4b updated to work with latest v0.33 gparted ISOs.
- If name ends in Q or NCQ then don't show these letters in the menu if EXTOFF is set.
- Add UUID and Volume label to the help text lines under menu if ISO file highlighted in menu.
- PORTU_BRAZIL language improved.
- Add SWITCHPE.mnu file to sample mnu files folder.
- Add error check if bad command in MyE2B.cfg file + change blank $Default E2B Menu.cfg
- Change to patch code for BOOTFIX.BIN file in Windows ISOs to prevent prompt to 'Press a key to boot from CD\DVD'.
v1.B1 2019-05-21- bugfix for nircmd error in SDI_CHOCO, Hungarian language added (thank to Knyght), If Windows Install ISO filename contains string 'WimBoot' (not case sensitive) then E2B will not use WIMBOOT to boot the ISO (you must use a Removable USB drive or use a WinHelper Flash drive) - e.g. Win10 Home and Pro x64 1809 Oct English International (NoWimboot).iso, new grub4dos, add "(x present)" for number of XP ISOs present, E2B_Editor now recognises %day% %month% %year% %SIZE_E2B% and %SIZE_HD1% variables in the HEADER and FOOTER. 'Easy2Boot' banner is now displayed on boot to advertise eBooks, Vietnamese and Swedish kbd files added, add Change Keyboard Map .mnu file, add KBD_LATIN_USA.g4b keyboard map file
- Allow file extension suffixes on .wim and .vhd files - e.g. boot.wim64, Windows 7 Ultimate.vhd64pwd.
- Spaces in .vhd and .wim filenames are now allowed.
- Bugfix - fix 'force'ing of file extension from menu - allows 'QRUN.g4b force.iso xxxxx._yyyy.iso' to override the yyyy file extension override.
- Bugfix - animation sometimes not shown on submenus.
- New E2B_Editor.exe now displays opaque STAMPs (1-10) when a .cfg file with STAMPs is loaded (transparent stamp background is not supported).
- New default wallpaper background.
- New feature - display date & time anywhere on menu (updates each second) - see here.
- Add a $$TrueHidePtn2.mnu sample menu file
- Add Display_Disk_Partitions.mnu to Sample mnu Files\E2B to display MBR partition table of disks in system.
- Add Display_DateAndTime.mnu Sample mnu file
- Add latest grub4dos with enhanced setmenu command.
- Bugfix - Easy2Boot download self-extracting exe no longer adds the Make_E2B.exe program into the Windows Start Menu
- Bugfix - SWITCH_E2B.exe v1.1.25 - if C: drive compressed/encrypted will still work after warning
- Improve SIZE_E2B and SIZE_HD1 values to nearest GiB instead of nearest 4GiB.
- Licence readme files added for 3rd-party s/w - see \_ISO\docs\Licenses
- E2B now checks for 2019-08-09 version of grub4dos 0.4.6a or later
- MyPwd.g4b added to Sample mnu Files\E2B folder to show example of how to prompt for a master password and have different wallpapers when asking for password
- Latest grub4dos (allows animation to play during user input, adds grub4dos 'setmenu --keyhelp-on and --keyhelp-off commands)
- KBD_DVORAK_USA.g4b keyboard translation file added (thanks to Alex R).
- Latest version of RMPartUSB.exe
- menu.lst changed to fix first frame of animation graphics being displayed just before Main menu (due to new grub4dos)
- ArchiveOS link added to \_ISO\docs\Download URLs folder.
- Change to \_ISO\e2b\grub\bsd.imgptn to fix bug of not booting if located past 2GB on drive (thanks to James for reporting and extensive testing!)
- .isogrub file extension now directly loads \menu.lst if it exists (for all-in-one Acronis ISOs, etc.).
- Support .isomemgrub file extension
- Fix bug for .vhdmem file extension
SWITCH_E2B v1.1.29 (bugfix for 'error 52' issue)
Display date&time function now in new grub4dos
grub4dos help menu entries added to the Adjust_E2B_Menu2.mnu file (also included in PimpMyDrive.cmd)
Latest grub4dos 0.4.6a 20191028 for small bugfix and time+date update new function
"\_ISO\docs\Make_E2B_USB_Drive\Make_E2B_Choose_Size_of_Ptn1 (run as admin).cmd" added if you want to make a USB drive with smaller size Ptn 1.
v2.00 2020-03-24 E2B+agFM support for UEFI-booting
- Make_E2B.exe and Make_E2B_USB_drive.cmd - downloads agFM if 2nd FAT32 partition is made. Allow user to define sizes in GB of ptns1, 2 and 3. Second partition will be FAT32 if < 32GB if AUTO install using Make_E2B.exe. if drive >128GB it always prompts user for partition 1, 2 and 3 sizes and type.
- New default wallpaper.
- .isoPE extension now updates the WinBuilder .ini files (e.g. for Gandalf ISOs) - use .isoPE extension if you get a yellow warning triangle on desktop.
- \_ISO\docs\Wincontig folder can now be copied to any volume\folder
- Update SDI_CHOCO scripts and add chocolatey.nupkg for offline install of chocolatey.
- Add support for windows ISOs on ptn3 in qrun.g4b so can have Windows Install ISOs on ptn3 or ptn2 or ptn1 and use a .mnu file, add $$Install_Win10_from_Ptn2or3.mnu sample mnu file
- Switch_E2B.exe now looks for auxiliary *. files on other volumes at \(path), then \_ISO, then \ - e.g. ptn1:\_ISO\WINDOWS\WIN10\Win10.imgptn23 and ptn3:\_ISO\WINDOWS\WIN10\Win10.
- Bugfix - Latest grldr with bugfix for non-contiguous files
- Bugfix - Fix EXTOFF not working in MyE2B.cfg
v2.01 2020-04-06 add .isowin to support booting Windows ISOs., Make_E2B fix for French Windows, GiB instead of GB used for partition size entry
v2.02 2020-04-18 Latest WinContig.exe, Add .isoagfm extension (same as .isodef), Update new ChocBox.cmd and ChocolateStore.exe (now requires .Net 4.8), Bugfix in Make USB cmd - if user specifies 32GB FAT32 then it failed to format it.
New X4 file extension suffix for partition images, .imgptnX4ffff will also add the partition image file ffff as the 4th partition.
File extension suffixes NCQ (non-contiguous+quiet), QUIETP (redir+redirp), QUIET (redir) added - e.g. WinBuilder_10PESE_x64.ISONCQ.iso so that if the file is not contiguous it will boot without any 'not-contiguous' warning.
New .isoboot file extension to immediately run a linux iso using isoboot.
Make_E2B_USB_Drive.cmd now creates a large 2nd partition if USB drive is > 128GB (if removable USB drive, Win10 1703 or later is required to get 2nd large partition).
New default wallpaper.
WinNTSetup ALT_ISO variable support added and new \_ISO\docs\Sample mnu files\Windows\Install Windows 7 with USB 3 (WinNTSetup).mnu for installing Win7 on modern USB 3 systems.
New SWITCH_E2B.exe which also looks on Ptn2\_ISO for X4 file.
Greek language added (thanks to Jeider)
Bugfix in countfiles.g4b for windows ISOs with .iso324GB suffixes not being counted properly (the Windows folder had to have at least one .iso file to be shown in menu - now it will work if just one .iso32 or .iso4GB etc. file is present).
Bugfix - fix bug in PWD file extension suffix code in QRUN.
Bugfix - Add fix30.g4b batch file to fix 'LBA30 contains code' error after selecting a .imgPTN file.
Bugfix - menu not displaying correctly on some system if menu help text 'tophelp' is positioned above menu area.
Bugfix - Vista\Win7 background not changing if \_ISO\Win7.jpg\.bmp present.
Bugfix - AUTO\DIRECT menu heading.
Bugfix - if only one .XML or one .KEY file is present it will now be automatically used.
Bugfix - if X4 filename is > 16 characters,Fix bug if '3GB', '4GB', '32' or '64' found in X4 filename it could prevent file from being listed.
Bugfix - .imgptn32X4cccc and .imgptn64X4cccc (32 and 64 not working correctly).
Bugfix - some XP ISOs not booting when used for 2nd time (bootfix.bin).
Bugfix - improve start LBA calculation for imgpnt files.
Bugfix - WinPE+XP Install does not work if use WinPE10, so removed Win10/2016/2019 folder choices from menu.
Add new E820 variable (set E820=0 in MyE2B.cfg if get black screen when boot to XP Setup on some Dell/buggy systems).
Add more checks for XP install where no internal hdd exists.
grub4dos 0.4.5c removed (0.4.6a has been stable now for over 2 years).
Windows ISO files in \_ISO\WINDOWS\Vista/7/8/10/etc. will now use default.xml file automatically if it exists in the same folder as the ISO (e.g. it can be a copy of the 'no key' XML file).
.ISO and .imgPTN files under \_ISO\WINDOWS (except XP) can have _nnn_ sort prefix numbers (e.g. _100_Windowsx64.iso) if you want to change the order of the files that are listed in the menu.
Make_E2B.exe small tweak to tooltip+button graphics.
SDI_CHOCO - nircmd.exe from SDI_CHOCO folder is now a self-extracting, password-protected zip file which you must extract before using SDI_CHOCO to prevent false AV positives.
Latest version of grub4dos.
isoboot.g4b updated to work with latest v0.33 gparted ISOs.
If name ends in Q or NCQ then don't show these letters in the menu if EXTOFF is set.
Add UUID and Volume label to the help text lines under menu if ISO file highlighted in menu.
PORTU_BRAZIL language improved.
Add SWITCHPE.mnu file to sample mnu files folder.
Add error check if bad command in MyE2B.cfg file + change blank $Default E2B Menu.cfg
Change to patch code for BOOTFIX.BIN file in Windows ISOs to prevent prompt to 'Press a key to boot from CD\DVD'.
- a1ive grub2 File Manager.mnu and Enable or Disable UEFI Booting.mnu added to \_ISO\MAINMENU folder.
- The three letters 'MBR' will be ignored if present anywhere in any file extension. This can be used to prevent agFM from listed these files. Useful if the files do not support UEFI-booting and only boot via the E2B menu system.
- New version SWITCH_E2B.exe to fix small bug which affected the appearance only (not function).
- New default background
- Internet ping test changed in MAKE_E2B_USB_DRIVE.cmd script in case ipv4 blocked.
- agFM Sample Mnu files folder added with examples files,
- WinContig files updated
- Keyboard scan code files updated
- KeyCheck.g4b test script added (type KeyCheck from grub4dos console and press down keys to get BIOS key status codes (e.g. NUM LOCK, CAPS LOCK, CTRL, etc.)
- XP Step 1 now warns user if not enough memory to load XP ISO file into RAM
- Example commented code added to SDI_CHOCO.cmd for detecting UEFI or MBR boot
2.06 2020-11-09 - wget.exe version updated, Update Add_Ventoy.cmd, MAKE_E2B_USB_DRIVE.cmd, UPDATE_E2B_DRIVE.cmd (if more than one E2B drive is connected, the agFM files could be added to the wrong drive partition 2). Change download URLs. Update UtilMan password .cmd files to also change magnify.exe and use new account name of ADMIN9. Update Add_Ventoy.cmd to warn if core.img not present. Update memtest86 .imgptn23 to v8.4 Add GetKeyCode.mnu sample menu (for finding key codes to use in Guest menu .mnu files). SDI_CHOCO .cmd files updated (fix BIT64 case-sensitivity). New 'candle' default background
2.06A 2020-11-12 - bugfix in MAKE_E2B_USB_DRIVE.cmd (bad URL when fetching LatestVersion.txt file from E2B server) - may have caused a 3 second delay
2.07 2021-01-11 - E2B Launcher.exe v0.5 Windows utility added. .ventoyignore files added to \_ISO\docs and \_ISO\e2b folders to speed up file enumeration under Ventoy menu system.
2.08 2020-02-20 - add \_ISO\MAINMENU\DisableKasperskyShim.mnu, BUGFIX in Make_E2B_USB_Drive.cmd drive creation script due to XP Home not having tasklist.exe, BUGFIX for Win7 Repair option (did not swap hd0 with hd1), did not wait 3 secs on wimboot prompt on Dell PC - thanks to Jose C for reporting the issue, improve Trad Chinese language file, E2B now ignores .lua files, Test_file_access_speed.lua added to UTILITIES folder for agFM menu system (test file access speeds under agFM).
2.09a - add check in make_e2b_usb_drive.cmd to check for wmic command in PATH 'wbem' environment
2.09b - remove Update E2B link from Launcher app.
2.09c - Memtest86 .imgPTN23 updated to v9, small text help changes to some Mainmenu .mnu files, fix .isopup extension not booting
2.09d - fix E2B Mainmenu 'Disable UEFI Secure Boot' menu entry being visible when no EFI files are present.
Recommended for Easy2Boot (fastest flash drive!)
SanDisk Extreme SDCZ880-128G-G46
Fastest USB 3!
See Blog post