How to make new language files
Example of how to make new E2B Menu language files
- Download WinMerge 2 and install it
- Download the FIXLANG.zip file and unzip it to a new folder on your Desktop called LANG
- Obtain the latest Beta version of the E2B download and create a E2B USB drive
- Copy the \_ISO\e2b\grub\ENG\Strings.txt file to the new LANG folder and rename it as StringsENG.txt
- Copy the \_ISO\e2b\grub\ENG\F1.cfg file to the new LANG folder and rename it as F1ENG.cfg
1. Translate file using Google Translate
2. 'Fix' the translated file
3. Test the file
\_ISO\ANTIVIRUS, AUTO, BACKUP, DOS, LINUX, MAINMENU, UTILITIES, UTILITIES_MEMTEST, WIN and WINPE folder.
Also add an ISO to each of the folders under the \_ISO\WINDOWS folder so that the Windows menus will appear. Ensure there are two or more ISO files in the XP folder (if only one ISO then it will be automatically selected by E2B and you may not see all the dialogue strings).
4. Add the language to E2B
When you have tested the files, send them to me for inclusion into E2B.
Please indicate what keyboard is commonly used with this language (QWERTY USA, QWERTZ, etc.).
Recommended for Easy2Boot (fastest flash drive!)
SanDisk Extreme SDCZ880-128G-G46
Fastest USB 3!
See Blog post