XMLtoE2B.exe utility (Win7/8/8.1/10)
If you have donated £10 or more (or have helped with the development of E2B), please contact me for a licence file to make XMLtoE2B fully functional.
Or, you can edit your XML file manually by following my blog post here.
Run XMLtoE2B.exe utility (a Licence file is required for full functionality)
- Go to the correct page on the AFG website by clicking one of the three AFG buttons in XMLtoE2B. There is also a Windows 10 page but it does not have a button.
Fill in the web form and then save to an XML file (you can change the Product Key, ComputerName and disk configuration, etc. later)
- Load the AFG XML file into XMLtoE2B.exe (the file contents will be listed in the 'Results' window)
- Add the WIM file image number - this is required if you have a multiple-image ISO file such as the Install.wim file on Retail ISOs.
Change the other fields as required. You can either use a generic install key or an Activation key if you have one.
- Click on 'Convert loaded file' - this converts the file that was loaded into memory in Step 2 into an XML file for E2B.
(optional) Edit the text in the 'Results' window if required - e.g. you can change the comment field or any other setting.
- Save the XML file to the E2B USB drive using the 'Save text from Results window to a file' button or view the file in NotePad.
WARNING: DO NOT OVERWRITE THE \AUTOUNATTEND.XML FILE ON THE E2B partition!
The E2B \AutoUnattend.xml file must be at least 100K in size and is overwritten by E2B when you boot to the Main menu. It must be as large as your largest XML file (so 100K should be large enough!).
To examine XML files, you may find the Microsoft utility XML Notepad 2007 helpful.
Change Disk Partitioning - You can replace the disk configuration in the original XML file with one of these two options.
Reference for Unattended settings
Notes for Windows AFG
SDI_CHOCO (run a batch file)
How to use the XML file
- For ISO booting, just copy the XML file to the correct Windows folder (e.g. \_ISO\WINDOWS\WIN8 for Windows 8 and 8.1).
Give the XML file a suitable name (e.g. Win8.1Pro_AutoWipe_User1_max.xml. (MBR systems only).
- For a FAT32 Windows Install .imgPTN file, switch to the .imgPTN file's CSM menu and then quit (F10) or remove the USB drive - then re-insert the E2B drive and copy the XML file to the root of the image partition (not the E2B partition which contains the \_ISO folder!) and name it \AutoUnattend.xml. (MBR and UEFI systems)
- For ISO booting, use a 'Helper' Removable USB Flash drive with the E2B drive and follow step 1 above. (MBR systems only)
- For a FAT32 Windows Install .imgPTN file, switch to the .imgPTN file's CSM menu and then quit (F10) or remove the USB drive - then re-insert the E2B drive, mount the \Sources\boot.wim image #2 file using GImageX and copy the XML file to the mounted folder and name it \AutoUnattend.xml. See here for more information. (MBR and UEFI systems). WARNING: If you UEFI-boot and the XML file auto-partitions the target drive, then any system that you boot to will automatically get it's hard disk wiped! Take care when UEFI-booting from the USB drive in this state! If you boot to it on your office system, it will wipe the hard disk!
Recommended for Easy2Boot (fastest!) - SanDisk Extreme SDCZ880-128G-G46
BitCoin also accepted.