Installing Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2
A useful flowchart for WinPE\Setup.exe\Winpeshl.exe\Startnet.cmd\wpeinit.exe is here.
- AutoUnattend.xml (overwritten - required for Win Vista and later OS Install ISOs),
- Unattend.xml (overwritten - required for WinPE ISOs)
- WINHELPER.USB (marker file to find correct USB drive)
NOTE: Always run WinContig to ensure all files are contiguous after copying them over (Ctrl+F2 in RMPrepUSB).
Always use unmodified Microsoft Windows Install ISOs - if you use a modified ISO, it may not work. In this case, convert the ISO to a .imgPTN file using MakePartImage.If the E2B USb drive is not a Removable USB drive, you will need to convert the ISO to a .imgPTN file.
USB 3.0 support
2. Type 'diskpart' and press ENTER key.
3. Type 'list disk' - check that your USB drive is listed - if not, then Windows (WinPE) does not contain the correct driver for your USB controller.
4. Type 'exit' to quit diskpart.
Add your own .xml file to automate an install
Windows 7 does not support USB 3.0 as it does not contain USB 3.0 drivers. However, you can convert a Win7 Install ISO to a .imgPTN file, switch to the .imgPTN partition and then modify the boot.wim and install.wim to add the USB 3.0 drivers. See here for more details. If you just want to add Intel chipset USB 3.0 drivers, you can use the nice Intel utility here.
To support this site, please disable AdBlock for this domain.
Recommended for Easy2Boot (fastest!) - SanDisk Extreme SDCZ880-128G-G46
BitCoin also accepted.