.VHD and .WIM files
E2B can directly MBR-boot from certain types of .WIM, .VHD and .VHDX files.
- Dynamic VHDs are not supported.
- Copy them to a menu folder, e.g. \_ISO\WIN or \_ISO\WINPE.
- The files do not need to be contiguous.
- NT6-based WinPE/Vista/7/8/10 etc. (non-XP) .WIM, .VHD and .VHDX files are supported.
- For XP-based .VHD files, change the extension to .VHDBOOT.
- XP-based .WIM files are not supported.
Note: A Windows 8.1 version of bootmgr is required to be in the \_ISO\e2b\grub\DPMS\NTBOOT.MOD folder. E2B will warn you if it is missing or is not a compatible version. You can obtain the correct version from inside a Microsoft Windows 8.1 installation ISO file.
Tip: Download the Add_bootmgr_to_E2B executable to automatically add the correct version of bootmgr to your E2B drives.
For UEFI-booting, you must make a FAT32 .imgPTN file which contains the required UEFI boot files and BCD file. Direct booting of WIM\VHD files under UEFI is not supported.
To support this site, please disable AdBlock for this domain.
Recommended for Easy2Boot (fastest!) - SanDisk Extreme SDCZ880-128G-G46
BitCoin also accepted.